Hand-Lettering Foundations Mini Class
What's the difference between calligraphy and hand-lettering? In most cases, it really boils down to approach and tools. Calligraphy requires a manipulation of tools that can be intimidating to master. Acquiring the right tools can also be expensive and time-consuming. While hand-lettering draws from the foundations of calligraphy, the tools and approach can be infinitely simplified. This class does just that: we'll be diving into the foundations of calligraphy through hand-lettering, how to break and expand on stylistic rules all with copy paper and pencil.
This listing includes just the online class. Optional materials used in the course:
- General Pencil hand-lettering set OR Watercolor pencils and a regular pencil
- Micron PN
- Gelly Roll (size 10 is my fave, but any size will do)
- Strathmore Toned Tan Paper or Strathmore Mixed Media paper
- Sheet of felt or foam
- Small Watercolor brush
All materials listed above are optional. Course can be completed with just pencil and the printable handouts provided in class.
Class will cover the following:
- Capital letters
- Lowercase print letters
- Lowercase script letters
- How to add width to letters and maintain readability
- How to stylize letters and abide by classical rules
- Final class project to get the creative lettering flowing!
Check out our gift options.
We recommend purchasing a $45 gift certificate to gift this course.