Hand-Lettering Foundations Mini Class
What's the difference between calligraphy and hand-lettering? In most cases, it really boils down to approach and tools. Calligraphy requires a manipulation of tools that can be intimidating to master. Acquiring the right tools can also be expensive and time-consuming. While hand-lettering draws from the foundations of calligraphy, the tools and approach can be infinitely simplified. This class does just that: we'll be diving into the foundations of calligraphy through hand-lettering, how to break and expand on stylistic rules all with copy paper and pencil.
This listing includes just the online class. Kit is currently out of stock, materials used in the course:
- General Pencil hand-lettering set OR Watercolor pencils and a regular pencil
- Micron PN
- Gelly Roll (size 10 is my fave, but any size will do)
- Strathmore Toned Tan Paper or Strathmore Mixed Media paper
- Sheet of felt or foam
- Small Watercolor brush
All materials listed above are optional. Course can be completed with just pencil and the printable handouts provided in class.
Class will cover the following:
- Capital letters
- Lowercase print letters
- Lowercase script letters
- How to add width to letters and maintain readability
- How to stylize letters and abide by classical rules
- Final class project to get the creative lettering flowing!
Buy a Gift Certificate
We offer a 15% discount on a kit anytime you buy a kit and a gift certificate in the same transaction. Make sure they're both in your cart at the same time.
Gift the kit and class to a loved one! Check out our gift options.
We recommend purchasing a $45 gift certificate to gift this course.